Distrokid is one of the most highly used music distribution companies available to public to release on all DSP platforms including Spotify, Apple mUsic, Tidal, Amazon Music, Deezer and many more. DistroKid was launched in 2013 by entrepreneur Philip Kaplan. Initially, the company was an extension of the musicians’ social media network, Fandalism. The platform allows musicians to upload their tracks easily. Once you’re ready to get your music out into the world, you set up an account, send a digital file, and that’s all. All earnings sent directly to DistroKid are credited to your DistroKid account in full except for YouTube. DistroKid Charges 20% of YouTube money.
- 100% of your royalties
- Amazing for independent artists and labels
- Distributes to over 100+ DSP’s
- Distributes to TikTok with and the ability to set timestamps.
- Cloud backup
- Distributes to multiple countries, including China.
- A Legacy feature that allows your music to be distributed passed your lifetime.
- Lyrics and credits distribution.
- The DistroKid login and sign-up process is easy and takes a few minutes.
- Various modes of payment.
- DistroKid is accessible to creators, labels,
- performers, producers, bands, Dj’s, artists, solo
- musicians, and cover musicians – i.e., everyone.
- Add-ons count as hidden fees—making the advertised price a tad bit misleading.
- Expect the occasional upsell attempts.
- The analytics features balance precariously between decent and poor, depending on your needs.
- Hard to locate Distrokid contact page